Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

One Plus 9 Astral Black, 5 G

One Plus 9 Astral Black, 5 G Unlocked Android Smartphone U.S Version, 8 GB RAM+128 GB Storage,120 Hz Fluid Display, Hasselblad Triple Camera, 65 W Ultra Fast Charge,15 W Wireless Charge, with Alexa Built-in 


 I have the new one plus 9 5G. Here now I picked this up from t-mobile.  It did say that they weren't going to have these available in store until April 2nd but day one of pre-ordering through one plus or t-mobile. It showed. It was in stock on t-mobile's website uh so.I went ahead and did it and sure enough.It was in stock.I did overnight shipping. It left.I think Saturday doesn't ship on Sunday but I got it here today on Monday so ran home from work. This phone comes in at 729 dollars. It is the eight gigs of ram and 128 gigs of storage version, uh the color is the um astral black so since. I had the option to do black. I wanted it. I was kind of hoping. It was going to be a matte black color but of course. It's shiny black but I have not put my eyes on it yet. I have not even broken the sill yet.Here so I am going to do very much first impressions of this phone with y'all as I unbox. It so as far as the box goes here. It's the traditional kind of super-long red box one plus nine 5 G branding here co-developed with the Hasselblad info here on this site. you do have that Hasselblad logo on this side here you do have a one plus logo that looks like. I had a little nick in the box from shipping and then of course uh nothing at the bottom just kind of the normal stuff at the top and then flipping it over.

You have this black back here kind of a breakdown of some of the stuff so. It is 5 G compatible of course. It's got the 888 Qualcomm snapdragon chip.It's a 6.55-inch full HD plus AMOLED display triple camera setup 4500 milliamp battery and they do remind you that you can't take it out warp charge 65. wireless charging supported so finally. you're getting wireless charging support on their base model and then oxygen is based on android 11. and then uh just some you know Qualcomm logo Dolby atmos Bluetooth. There is nothing on the back talking about ip68 certification but for a fact, the t-mobile versions are ip68 so definitely getting that compatibility as far as resistance to rain and all that So let's go ahead and get this bad boy opened here .so I'm just going to kind of without destroying the box try to cut it there and let's kind of do the shake and pull out and as I'm pulling out here.You can see kind of the Hasselblad.You know embossed logo there.Uh, one plus there so they're real big on reminding you that it is got that code development with Hasselblad so as far as popping it out there. Uh, there is something in here but I don't know.If I can get it out maybe it's nothing.I don't know but either way, it looked like you pull it out but it looks like it's stuck in there um here's the phone but let's go ahead and just kind of put that to the side here real quick and see what we get inside the box so kind of lift up here and lookie there.You get a charger so charging brick so it's that warp charge 65 super-fast charging brick here of course. It's got the one plus logo there  So their type c obviously port and then of course the traditional red usbc to usbc charging cable there so you have that there and then of course inside here.

Let's go ahead and take a peek at what comes inside here so we'll just kind of pull it all out here so it looks like well looks like. There's some more stuff in here all right so it looks like you're gonna be getting uh your stickers set up here again so instead of it saying one plus nine on them like the uh eight t it had like an eight t sticker just has someone plus logos never settle all that there and then, of course, I got your sim card stuff so I'll just kind of put that there and then a welcome start guide, uh just kind of a breakdown start guide of everything but we won't dive into any of that.Let's go ahead and peel off the plastic and there is the actual phone so let me go ahead and take off the sticker here and there. We have it so.I'm going to do a real quick wipe down of it because with this back it is a fingerprint magnet unfortunately and there is the astral black one plus nine from t-mobile so as you can see here.You have the one plus logo there you do have your triple camera set up here so of course, as everyone knows it's a 48-megapixel wide-angle and then a 50-megapixel ultra-wide and then that 2 megapixels uh like the monochrome camera.    If you use this 2-megapixel monochrome camera. I personally really don't take black and white photos and when I do. I just take it with a regular picture and just use a filter so that's just me and then, of course, you got your flash here so this is kind of the camera bump here and as you can see when I change the angle the light hitting it. You do have this very faint Hasselblad logo there so have that there and then of course uh around the back.It is just a fingerprint and smudge magnet uh unfortunately but I mean I wish they would have gone with a matte finish but I'm probably gonna put a skin on it.It's gonna have a case on it so at the end of the day. I guess. It's not a huge deal breaker going to the sides here.

You do have a shinier side. You got your power button here you got your alert slider as a traditional true one plus fashion there and so you got that and then when you wrap around to the bottom where you do have your sim tray um right there and then, of course, a USB type-c port and then your speaker girls here at the bottom and then when you wrap around to the side where you do have your volume up and down rockers here so up and down there and then when you do go around to the top you just have that mic cut out there up top but as you can see here.It is just a little bit different shade of black here on the side so. It's more of a black and looking at it, to be honest with you when I look straight on at it. It doesn't look just completely black because when the light's hitting it in different angles um I don't know. I'm kind of seeing a tint of charcoal maybe even a tint of like a purple in there a little bit so it's not just a complete flat black which I was hoping for but it's okay because like I said. I am going to be putting a skin on it and then while I'm chatting here I'm going to boot it up here and get it turned on to see if there's any juice in it from out of the box and there is so we'll go ahead and get this powered on so it is a 6.55-inch full HD display so it's a flat display as you can see here so it is a flat display it is an AMOLED screen so you do get a nice beautiful screen with this device it gets super bright from everything that I've read you do have the selfie hole-punch camera there on the top uh corner but as far as the bezels go you aren't getting a completely seamless look so you do have some bezels it's not super chunky, to be honest with you it's not terrible at all with the flat display on the 9 pros since. It does fold over a little bit.

It does give it more of an appearance of the bezel-less look but with the 9 I would rather take these bezels and have a flat display versus the ladder that's just me so let me go ahead and get this booted up and get go through everything and then we'll go ahead and touch more on the phone itself okay so finally got it booted up took a little bit longer than anticipated but there is the beautiful big 6.55-inch full HD plus AMOLED display so right out of the box I just kind of did like the backup from um everything goes oh so.I see here still need to do some stuff so I notice it here already. I need to change this setting because it looks like the swipe down out of the box has kind of this here versus just the notification shade so I just need to change that uh but not a big deal so interesting that they have that so it's kind of like you know step counter all this here so.I definitely won't I would prefer the notification shade but that's just meum but it is a 6.55-inch full HD AMOLED display so.It gets super bright.I think. It said the max nits were 1100 I've heard some people say 1300 so to be determined with testing and I'll do a little more digging on that but like I said. It is a 6.55-inch display here in the top left-hand corner you do have your selfie camera punch so. I'll see if I can kind of get a better view of that there for y'all but you can see it whenever I angle it. It's a 16-megapixel front-facing camera so.It does the job.It can record up to 10 80 30 frames per second on the front and then touch on the cameras on the back. I said you are getting a 48-megapixel wide-angle lens or standard shooter if whatever you want to call it a 50-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens and that's going to be huge for the folks that like ultra-wide pictures because of everything from what I've heard and seen on youtube.It does a good job.It does pretty much kind of blow out a lot of whiting or ultra-wide-angle cameras um so that's pretty cool and once again like. I said you do get that 2-megapixel camera for the monochrome but I will probably never take advantage of that um and you do get gorilla glass on the front and back. you do have that ambient uh on type of display here so that is something that I love.I did go ahead and set up the fingerprint reader the placement's a little awkward.Where it's super low and that's something that everyone's been talking about because if you see like on my galaxy s21.You can kind of see where the differences are with the fingerprint scanners so but you can also see the difference in size here so. This is the galaxy s21.This is the one plus 9 and you can see right off the bat that difference in size so this is a 6.2 inch this is 6.55 inches. It's a little bit wider.

It is a 4500 milliamp battery. I have not been able to test everything yet but with that warp charge 65 t charger that comes standard inside the box. It is going to take this bad boy from zero to 100 percent in about 30 minutes which is awesome considering my Samsung galaxy s21.It takes a lot longer to charge uh because you don't get that super fast 65 watts charging so even though um. You aren't getting a removable battery and stuff like that you are like.I said getting that super-fast charging now as far as the weight goes um from everything that I've seen as far as specs.It does say that it weighs around 192 grams um in the united states or at least.It says in the united states or Europe it's 180 or 183 grams in India and Canada but 192 grams with no case on it right now. It does not feel heavy at all feels good in the hands to be honest with you uh.You do have a dual sim as far as this goes if you wanted to put a dual sim in here I usually just use one, uh once again it is 1080 by 2400 pixel count here that's a 20 by nine aspect ratio as well uh like. I said since this is the t-mobile version you are getting um the ip68 rating and my first time using that and it's very fast very responsive if I only set up my right thumb.

I have not done my left one yet. I usually do but seems very quick so very excited about that and it does have the android 11 um oxygen os style here so you know.I will be going through this a little more in-depth but just for the video purposes you can see that buttery smoothness of the 120 hertz so you can do 120 or 60 you'll get better battery life performance with 60 hertz but I would rather drain the battery a little faster and get the buttery smooth 120-hertz fluid buttery smoothness out of it. it's just very smooth and very responsive there and like. I did mention. This is the 8 gig 128 gigs of storage version here.  this phone um honestly. I won't be. I will be taking more advantage of the 4k and 1080 so you can do 4k at 30 or 60 frames and 1080 up to 240 frames per second auto HD all that good stuff hdr 10 plus.