Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Google Pixel 5 - 5 G Android Phone

           

Google Pixel 5 - 5 G Android Phone - Water Resistant - Unlocked Smartphone with Night Sight and Ultra-wide Lens

    

                   


 Google pixel stuff finally arrived. 

Google Pixel 5 and 4a, 5g and It are a little bit different. this year because of Google day maybe it's a bit of a departure. We have a budget-minded device with the snapdragon 700 series and this one is what is it the 765 g and also 5g sub 6 5g on the pixel 5 models. but with the 4a they put 5g right in the name it's the pixel 4a 5g. we have a couple of different colors here. what do they call it just black? they stick into the just black branding and then we have sort of sage. which is the exciting model that everybody wants to have a take on because well it's an unusual green it's the year of unusual greens because apple put out green as well and it was a polarizing green.I think this one got some decent feedback of course. it doesn't matter to me because I won't be slapping on a pixel 5 official case but what I will be slapping on is this right here the later case crazy thin Kevlar as you know it's going to make sure that I can enjoy the pixel 5. The way it was intended almost as slim as having no case at all you can order these right now.


So I'm gonna go for the black pixel five so then I have the seamless look once the later case goes on. you can check this out in the description okay. so, let's start with that model and we have two little pull tabs over here now it is important to note this is not a millimetre-wave model .so no Verizon love for the super fast 5g at least not here. oh, that's an interesting texture a little bit grippe almost one plus sandstone, but not quite to the same degree. where you feel as though it is sandpaper for your fingers. This on the other hand is a satisfying kind of grumpiness you hear that it's the best way for you to imagine the texture again .It doesn't matter for me .

I slapped the latter case on .but it's worthwhile to mention because it is a bit of a departure. you don't see this all that frequently uh let me remove the plastic it looks like an easy-to-remove situation, ah yes so this is a compact phone for this year everybody's interested in a smaller phone. we got I mean they scaled up so big I guess uh it's not just google uh apple they put out the 12 mini yesterday and they claimed that's the smallest 5g phone in the world. this is close comparatively what I'm interested in is on the back here. I have been a fan I mean I've told you before I've been a fan of the computational stuff. that google does in the camera department I feel like with previous pixels. I couldn't take a bad photo I just point at something boom. why does that look so wonderful the other interesting characteristic is the fingerprint scanner.

It's on the back, I never minded this on previous phones, and for me, it's a little bit faster than the in-display little touch here on the side you have the metallic power. switch which is above the volume rocker bottom of the device type c connector. I believe it's an 18-watt charger in the box and I can already tell we have a single hole punch up in the top corner. you remember previous pixels they've been all over the map with various notches and things this is a nice little simple implementation. not too distracting you get the screen-to-body ratio all right. so let me get that started booting up google logo jumps out also in the box. we have our paperwork for our sim tool. We have the power brick that I mentioned and 18-watt USB type-c all-right cool plastic removal.We have our USB type c to c cable and they've even included a-c to an adapter for all your migration needs so that's a nice little touch as well now that one is still booting up so. I'm going to jump over to the sage model. So we can catch a glimpse at this color right here same procedure. You know what as far as greens go. I'll tell you what it's not a terrible green. It's quite pleasing inspired by nature possibly. It's a bluish-green all right.

Let's get to it boom kind of creates a nice contrast here on the side of the device where. It meets the glass but again, I'm going to be boring and just go for the black model of course also the button on this one.It's metallic but it has a sage kind of tone to it and now let's go ahead and check out just how much larger the 4a, 5g is so. It's a six-inch display on the regular Pixel 5 and 6.2 inches on the pixel 4a,5g .so. It's not a tremendous difference in scale of course there is a difference in price this one. I guess that's plastic sure feels like it not as pleasing as the texture over here on the standard pixel 5 much bigger body over there. You know what's weird about this device though. I don't believe it got a huge battery. The battery spec on the regular Pixel 5 is 4080 milliard hours 38.85. So that's kind of a strange departure here from the norm.You would assume you have a bigger phone.You get a bigger battery. I guess it's not always the case but you do save some cash. I like the dark mode option during the setup. So I can go straight into dark mode see.It allows you to save battery with a dark theme or you can switch to the light theme right out of the gate. I'll leave it dark for now so here. We have our smooth display setting automatically raise the refresh from 60 to 90 hertz for content increases battery usage.

This is something google introduced a little while ago for me. It makes a big difference the biggest jump or the most noticeable. One is getting to 90 hertz and then beyond that is a bonus but the 60 to 90. You can notice it.So that's the other difference uh that 90-hertz upgrade. It's only going to happen on a small model. This is once again a cost thing It's it's a really interesting position that the pixel is in at the price point that they're asking for it because you're not getting a top-tier chip and you can I mean instead of the pixel 5. You could find something with a snapdragon 865 in it for a very you know very close in price however with the pixel you're getting android the way that Google intended. You're getting the freshest updates. You're getting a completely vanilla experience. You're getting their computational photography stuff in their camera app which yes. You can find a way to get it on other devices but it's a bit of a headache all right. So I'm going to focus my attention on the standard pixel 5.

All right so funny enough you have to dive into the menu here to find battery share and drag it up into your quick toggle settings at which point. You can utilize it. So this is how it works charge other devices with your pixel flip the phone over to give it a try okay. No problem here we have the pixel buds oh did you hear that notification and the orange light lights up so now. We're charging the buds from the phone that's a cool feature for google. It has of course been elsewhere but it's convenient to have it on more devices. So I'm happy about that turn it off when it's not in use you don't want any battery drain going that way the standout thing to me here is just how comfy the single-handed usage is for this device. I'm gonna slap the case on it right now because that's how I'll use it and I mean it just so takes a look at it's so slender the whole package. I've been using the z-fold too.

It's a bit of a tank which is fine because you open it up and it's a tablet in your pocket but the weight and I mean you know. You have it on you. This is the complete opposite of the standard pixel 5 and it might be a fun time for me to uh take a different have a different experience and go down the small phone road which seems to be a thing that manufacturers are catering to right now so maybe. It's time for me to have that experience too at least for some time maybe. I should throw the sim in here that would make this the first phone in a very long time that I throw the sim in that does not have a flagship-level processor in it. It's a sign of the times right there okay. So we cut there for a moment had about a billion updates to run on the device also you know what I just thought. I'm gonna switch to this phone. I don't know what it is all right. I'm just gonna. I'm gonna be honest with you the pixel devices each year it kind of.They kind of get me going a little bit uh. It's something about the vanilla software experience and the camera app and I just feel like it. I need to dive a little deeper. So I got this one it's rigged up. I changed the wallpaper man which it means. We're beginning our process of becoming intimate together. I also brought it home with me to run some of the updates and play around with it a little bit more man is this comfy that's a comfy phone. it's just I've uh well I've been on really heavy phones recently, I mean.

I'm talking brick-like phones and so this has just been so satisfying to do the one-handed to have the lightweight to do the unlock real speedy now.I wish. I had the face unlock as well but I can manage because the rear unlocks fingerprint is so fast. So I'm living my life and I'm okay with it. Now one of the updates that took place. We have a new camera UI. So I had to show that off to you. It's a little bit different now some of the editing features are a little bit different from the way they come up as well. We have these really big buttons for enhanced black and white portrait and color pop and then as you move down to the bottom here into this various sub-menus for crop and adjust. It's uh it's just a completely different interface giving you a little bit more control. It's the most current one that they're working on but let me tell you. There's something just something about the look the way the processing takes place here.

Now I realize other manufacturers have caught up. I have tested so many fantastic smartphone cameras in here but what's cool this time around is assuming the camera performance on this guy 4a,5g is similar what's cool is to get this level of camera performance in devices at this price point. So I realize the pixel 5. There's a lot of discussion around the price for what it is considering. It doesn't have the flagship chip in it and we're talking about 700 bucks but this one on the other hand if you're interested in value well now you're talking I'm talking about the 4a, 5g, or even the regular pixel 4a for that matter. It's just cool to see their level of computational photography in devices that are that cheap and uh and so of course this is no exception you pair it with the large battery and some features like wireless charging reverse wireless charging fast unlock extra camera module. I don't know. We just have a package here that for some reason in my hands is compelling at the moment. So let's go ahead and just snap a few more photos inside of the new UI. I mean. I didn't bring over the robin hood all-purpose flour for no reason. So I'm gonna go ahead and do a quick 1x over here boom.

There's a 1x and a 0.6 and a 2x as well and then also you know what might be cool is to try to get a close focus all right so that's the two that's your 2x camera and I don't know about you kirk but I mean. I'm seeing the texture of the bag over here all right the video I also know a lot of the fancy stuff happens under this little shake button right over here. You have standard video stabilization for the light movement that's the default setting you have locked for far away still shots 2x zoom active for heavy movement so that's the most extreme stabilization and then cinematic pan which is the thing that they showed off at the event which gives you. These smooth panning shots are half-speed muted interesting.So I suppose we should do maybe the standard version first. So this is standard stabilization and I am going to walk around and mo is going to say hi there you go and I'm still walking and the camera is moving relatively rapidly and you can test out just how smooth that is and I'm now, I will go ahead and switch to active mode. I don't know what's going to happen here is it going to crop in more look. We even have a little Dem oh interesting so stabilize versus standard well obviously that's quite the different a demonstration of locked my goodness ah. I don't think. We're going to simulate the uh active scenario at the moment cinematic pan. I can do that let's give that a try. I'll bring up our model for that purpose and we shall pan. Let's try this out. So it slows.It down. It looks. I guess. It's filming at 60 and then down to 30 but yeah very cinematic feel to it so uh again just like all the other camera features. It's software-heavy stuff and it's amazing what they're capable of uh via software. It's a real preference thing you don't have to agree.You could say. I prefer the look of a Samsung photo you could say.

I prefer the look of an iPhone photo. They all make great photos. It's cool to have your preference what I tend to think about the pixel camera program. It seems to have a focus on sharpness maybe tweaking sharpness a little bit and contrast instead of going overboard on saturation and smoothing at least in my experience and that happens to be to my personal preference okay something else worth mentioning here. The speaker setup is a bit weird.It is more than one speaker and I don't want to call it stereo because most of the sound comes out of the bottom and then the top side is it looks like one of these screen kind of speaker units for the earpiece that's okay but for audio when you're I don't know watching some youtube as you would be. It is it's not the optimal experience. So let's go ahead and play a clip from Lou later here so if I plug up the bottom speaker you can it's just not as casual. It ain't much coming out of the earpiece section so don't think. It's a stereo speaker experience lock-down stuff that first started. There was talk of Starbucks even shutting down some stores but of course Starbucks huge look at how symmetrical this viewing experience is with the bezels in each direction now obviously. You have the hole punch for the front-facing camera one day in the future. This can be hidden beneath the display not today but in the meantime. I mean this is just a nice little package right here and it's. It's so strange that we are on the cusp of a resurgence of the small phone. I can't say that I saw.It coming. I knew. There was some chatter some talk people wondered. If it would ever happen but now we have some big players in the space taking. The small phone seriously players like apple and players like google and that may have an impact on the marketplace as a whole in encouraging other manufacturers to also rethink their strategy.

The one plus 8 t was kind of similar in the sense that it was a bit smaller than the one plus 8 pros. This continues in the meantime my sim card will now enter this device, uh I want to play around with the video I want to play around with the photo and I want to play around with the idea of having a tiny phone in my pocket in a more traditional form factor.